The Ministry of Groove
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread

+3
VB
Squarf
The Minister
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:30 pm

The Minister

The Minister
Broseidon, King of the Brocean

I'm making this thread for any kind of comments about the game going on right now. Basically if you want to talk about the game without clogging up the main thread, post it here. Feedback on how I'm running the game can also be here, things you want to change, how readable the maps and initiative charts are, etc...

https://tmog.rpg-board.net

2Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Squarf

Squarf

I think you're doing a great job! The maps look great and I think this will be a lot of fun. I am trying to think of ways we can improve this thing as a whole... one of my ideas was everyone getting everyone's cell phone numbers, in case you can't be at a computer for a bit, maybe someone can call you if you are the last one up? things like that...

Also, I think we all realize this is a ton of work for you Mike, so anytime you need a couple days break somewhere in there, just let us know. I think what will help is that when we do take one of these breaks, that we give a clear time as to when we will be starting up so everyone can be on the same page, etc.

Everything is GREAT so far!

3Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:15 am

VB

Ditto on the good job

4Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:03 am

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Yeah doing a good job, I think the first battle worked out a lot of the unusualness of doing a play by post. At least for me.

5Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:04 am

VB

Not sure about the phone idea, since my phone is going to be MIA for a while. Email's a possiblity, but no guarantee that I'm going to check it anymore than I do now (once a month-ish).

6Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:43 am

Squarf

Squarf

Do we also get an additional action point after finishing this second encounter for the day without an extended rest?

I think I remember reading that, although I might be mistaken.

7Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:51 am

The Minister

The Minister

Yeah, that's correct on the action point thing. Anytime you guys do two encounters in a row you get another action point.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I think I've got the map tools thing figured out, so the maps should only get better from here. And on the matter of breaks, Gencon is coming up next week, and I know at least Torment and I are going to be there. I'm not sure what the wireless situation is at the hotel we're at, so posting may be a bit stagnant starting next Monday to Monday. Monday, Tuesday, and Sunday will definitely be out, but if I can gain interweb access, I'd be up for continuing the game through the week.

Thoughts?

8Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 am

Sean

Sean

I am sad to be missing gen con this year. Which hotel are you guys at?

Also, have you noticed the new posts in the character concepts thread?

9Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Yeah i think that the play by post is working pretty well this time around. I remember back in high school it didnt work that well, and the game only lasted like 3 days.

On a side note, who all is living in appleton now? I'm moving back at the end of august, and I am currently working on building a game. Anyone interested? I have no idea when i will be ready to start, where it will be held, or what days of week. At the moment i have no concrete plans. First step is to find a job, second is to get back into school. Then i can worry about when to play D&D. Its sad that D&D is so far down on my priority list Sad

10Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

I live in oshkosh, I wouldn't mind playing.

11Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 pm

The Minister

The Minister

If you manage to get a game together, I call dibs on cleric. I really want to make a pacifist cleric build out of divine power.

The hotel we're at is the Crown Plaza, I believe. It's the one we always stay at, with free happy hour from 6-8 every night.

As for the extra person, yeah we can squeeze him in I think. I'll just have to end up throwing more monsters in the battles.

12Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Cool. Glad to have a couple players at least.

What's the map tool you're using, Mike?

13Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:10 am

Sean

Sean

Nice, free happy hour.

Now to get his character on iplay and share it with you.

14Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:53 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

*whimper*

I'm all alone... where is everybody?

Sad

15Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:12 am

Squarf

Squarf

I'm in Madison patiently waiting for an update!

16Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:16 pm

VB

Are you there?

17Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Yeah I'm here.

18Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Sean

Sean

nope

19Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:25 am

VB

There's cake at the end.

20Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

21Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 am

Squarf

Squarf

Shall we start again? PALEEEZE?! :-)

22Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 am

The Minister

The Minister

Sorry about the delay. It turns out there was no free internet at our hotel for Gencon. Update will be coming post haste.

23Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:42 am

Sean

Sean

The Minister wrote:Sorry about the delay. It turns out there was no free internet at our hotel for Gencon. Update will be coming post haste.
woohoo, also, I am glad I hacked together the means to get post updates texted to my phone so I would know when there was a new post. It keeps me from frantically checking it all day.

24Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 pm

VB

We're back? Hooray!

25Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Hey I have a person that may be interested in a campaign if you so decide to run one.

26Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Sean

Sean

bump... for the other thread.... or something like that... forum bump?

27Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Sean

Sean

Is it dead?

28Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Squarf

Squarf

I hope not, VB still hasn't posted.

29Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

I'll harass him when I get online tonight on one the games he frequents.

30Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:00 am

Sean

Sean

So, unless I am reading Mike's last post wrong, there will be a list of possible skills to use posted (and some form of description of the situation?) before we have to start acting.

So, I think everyone seems to be getting ahead of themselves.

31Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Sean

Sean

32Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Automatic E-mails Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 am

Squarf

Squarf

These automatic e-mails that are supposed to be sent when a topic gets replied to are not coming. I think this might explain why some people are taking forever to post. Do you think we should get a message tree going on facebook?

33Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:35 am

Sean

Sean

I am getting 99% of the emails I think... and then i have a forwarding rule to send them to my phone. If anyone else wants to know how to do that, let me know. (p.s. most phones have an email address you can send text messages to and then the first however many characters go to the phone)

:EDIT: It could be that the emails stop coming after some time after you last post in a thread... idk.

::EDIT:: Doesn't look like it. Not sure what your issue could be. Being filtered as spam or duplicates?

34Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am

Sean

Sean

If by chance it would matter if I posted my action before 6 tonight, I can't see the new map while at work (old version is still in the cache so I can see it). If someone gives me the new coordinates of Garrek and the 3 hobgoblins, I can post an action. Otherwise I will post later tonight.

35Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:35 am

Squarf

Squarf

They are at F5, F6 and F7

36Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 am

Sean

Sean

Squarf wrote:They are at F5, F6 and F7
I assume those are the 3 hobgobs A, C, and B relative to the listed positions?.... how about garrek... after all I want to soak up some of those tasty temp hp...

37Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

Squarf

Squarf

ACB respectively Garrik is in G7 in front of Hobgoblin B and southeast to Hobgoblin C

38Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

I wanna make a knowledge check. Do you want me to wait until my turn or can I do it right away?

39Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:10 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Knowledge checks are essentially non-actions, so you can do it now.

40Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:28 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Sorry i haven't posted. By the time i got the emails saying that there were new posts, the forum was down Sad

41Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:52 am

azmodean

azmodean

Concerning the latest action attacking the drakes, my intent was actually to shift one square NE to set up a flank with Jael if he moved one square to the SE.
If I'm misremembering the rules and I can't "cut the corner" like that, I'd move one square N to try and set up the flank later.

42Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar OOC Thread Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:07 am

Sean

Sean

The drakes are a large creature (2x2)... so 1 north is where you would be shifting if shifting toward flanking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum