The Ministry of Groove
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rescue at Rivenroar

+4
RandMuadDib
Torment
Sean
The Minister
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

201Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:14 pm

The Minister

The Minister
Broseidon, King of the Brocean

Sean wrote:
The Minister wrote:

Jael attacks Hobgoblin B with Avenging Echo, missing with 11 AC.

That is some crazy unlucky rolling... having a 4 be the best of 2 d20 rolls... eh.. had to happen eventually
Gah, my bad. For some reason I thought you only had a +4 to hit. The actual dice rolls were 4 and 7. Suffice it to say you still missed with a 14 AC, and <metagame> I didn't feel right having you blow the racial with still no chance of hitting their AC </metagame>

https://tmog.rpg-board.net

202Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Sean

Sean

The Minister wrote:
Sean wrote:
The Minister wrote:

Jael attacks Hobgoblin B with Avenging Echo, missing with 11 AC.

That is some crazy unlucky rolling... having a 4 be the best of 2 d20 rolls... eh.. had to happen eventually
Gah, my bad. For some reason I thought you only had a +4 to hit. The actual dice rolls were 4 and 7. Suffice it to say you still missed with a 14 AC, and <metagame> I didn't feel right having you blow the racial with still no chance of hitting their AC </metagame>

Ok, that makes sense, and isn't as nearly as a crazy pair of rolls.

203Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:27 am

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

Movement : Take 5 Feet to H5
Standard: Shout of Triumph
Close Blast 3 (E-G5 TO E-G7)
Each Enemy in Blast
+4 V Fortitude

Hit 1d6+4 Thunder Damage and you push the target 1 square.

Effect: You slide each ally in the blast 3 Squares.

Push all Hobgoblins Back 1 Square.
Slide Garrek D7
Slide Vim D5

Sorry No flavor, I have a few exams to study for this week has been lame as hell.

204Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:55 am

Sean

Sean

Torment wrote:
Slide Garrek D7
Slide Vim D5

Really? You are going to make it so no one gets the Temp HP on Garrek's next turn?

205Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 am

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

Sean wrote:
Torment wrote:
Slide Garrek D7
Slide Vim D5

Really? You are going to make it so no one gets the Temp HP on Garrek's next turn?

Oh, I didn't see his action because he put it in spoiler tags for some reason. if thats the case do the following instead.

Move the Hobgoblins back 1 Square
Vim to D8
Garrek to E8

Regardless it isn't like we are dire need for HP and I don't think this encounter is meant to be difficult considering we have taken like 6 Hitpoints in total but if you didn't want a easier time flanking doesn't matter to me.

206Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 am

Sean

Sean

Torment wrote:
Sean wrote:
Torment wrote:
Slide Garrek D7
Slide Vim D5

Oh, I didn't see his action because he put it in spoiler tags for some reason. if thats the case do the following instead.

Move the Hobgoblins back 1 Square
Vim to D8
Garrek to E8

Regardless it isn't like we are dire need for HP and I don't think this encounter is meant to be difficult considering we have taken like 6 Hitpoints in total but if you didn't want a easier time flanking doesn't matter to me.

Perhaps, but I think it is probably better to get the temp HP, and then provoke Opportunity attacks to let Vim punish them for taking the attacks. (And if my last attack had hit, they would take damage too.

207Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Squarfly hurriedly moves past the line of dazed hobgoblins and raises her hands to the heavens and calls upon Angels to wound her foes. She then scurriedly moves back to where she started.

I'll move to E4, and then use Angelic Echelon.
I assume it doesn't incur an attack of opportunity because they are dazed... I hit all but Goblin B (burst 3)

Goblin A = 13 + 5 = 18 will
Hobgoblin A = 19 + 5 = 24 will
Hobgoblin B = 7 + 5 = 12 will
Hobgoblin C = 6 + 5 = 11 will

Hit: 2+5 = 7 radiant damage and whenever the target attacks before the end of my next turn it takes 5 radiant damage

Miss: 3 radiant damage

I then use an action point to move back to J7 and I also get +2 AC until the start of my next turn.

Sorry for the delay guys, it really is not sending me the update e-mails... and I've been quite sick and having midterms and such... sorry again... Call me if it's my turn and I need to update!

208Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:45 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Soveliss' burst of flame explodes with such force that the left Hobgoblin crumples to the stone floor, instantly dead. The other two manage to withstand the explosion as the area around them lights up on fire.

Squarfly runs into the room and offers up a small chant. Suddenly dozens of small, translucent and hovering dwarves with wings appear in the center of the room, swinging warhammers at the enemies. She then takes advantage of the distraction created to return to the safety of the hallway.

Bruno shifts to his right and lets loose a loud scream, completely startling the hobgoblin closest to him.

The goblins, no longer woozy, snap into action. They deftly maneuver around Vim, flanking him. Hopping from foot to foot, they quickly strike, catching the goliath completely off-guard, dealing two grievous blows to the mighty warrior. They let out quick titters of laughter as blood flows freely from his wounds.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 R20pqb
Code:

19 Soveliss      20/20
    18 Squarfly      17/26      +2 AC until next 18
    17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin A      23 Damage  Bloodied
    14 Goblin B      11 Damage 
-->  11 Garrek        26/31      Marked by Hobgoblin B til next 9, Slowed til next 9
      9 Hobgoblin A  46 Damage  DEAD
      9 Hobgoblin B  33 Damage  Bloodied, Marked by Vim til next 5, Oathed by Jael
      9 Hobgoblin C  14 Damage  Marked by Vim til next 5
      5 Vim          16/40      Bloodied
      5 Nyx          28/28      Concealed until next 5
      4 Jael          27/27

Soveliss attacks Hobgoblin A with Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, hitting with 23 Reflex for 10 Force damage, killing him.
Soveliss attacks Hobgoblin B with Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, missing with 11 Reflex.
Soveliss attacks Hobgoblin C with Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, missing with 15 Reflex.
Nyx's pact boon triggers.
Squarfly attacks Goblin A with Angelic Echelon, hitting with 18 Will for 7 Radiant damage.
Squarfly attacks Hobgoblin B with Angelic Echelon, missing with 12 Will, dealing 3 Radiant damage.
Squarfly attacks Hobgoblin C with Angelic Echelon, missing with 11 Will, dealing 3 Radiant damage.
Bruno attacks Hobgoblin B with Shout of Triumph and crits, dealing 10 Thunder damage.
Bruno attacks Hobgoblin C with Shout of Triumph, missing with 12 Fortitude.
Goblin A attacks Vim with Short Sword and crits, dealing 14 damage, taking 5 Radiant damage from the angels.
Goblin B attacks Vim with Short Sword and crits, dealing 14 damage.

209Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:56 pm

azmodean

azmodean

Garrek shouts, "Hold on Vim! You're not going to let a little scratch like that slow you down are you?". Then with a subtle nod at Jael, Garrek takes a swing at the nearby Hobgoblin.

Inspiring word targeting Vim.
--Vim can spend a healing surge, also he regains 1d6 HP

Viper's strike targeting Hobgoblin B. +7 vs AC
--Hit: 1d8+4 damage and until my next turn the Hobgoblin will provoke an AoO from an ally of my choice if he shifts
--(Most likely Jael, but if someone better suited moves adjacent to the target they can take the AoO instead).

210Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Sean

Sean

azmodean wrote:--(Most likely Jael, but if someone better suited moves adjacent to the target they can take the AoO instead).

Better Suited means anyone with better than a +2 to hit.

Also, note that at the beginning of Garrek's turn, Vim and Jael gain 5 temp HP.

And, Jael uses Divine Guidance on Garrek.

Divine Guidance
You lend your deity’s guidance to an ally’s attack against your
foe.
Encounter ✦ Divine
Immediate Interrupt Close burst 10
Trigger: An ally within 10 squares of you makes an attack
roll against your oath of enmity target
Target: The triggering ally
Effect: The target makes a second attack roll and uses
either result.

211Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:15 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Vim and Jael seem bolstered by Garrek's mere presence, while his words give some confidence back to Vim, who feels better almost instantly. Garrek's swing at the hobgoblin strikes true, adding more wounds to the already bloodied creature.

The braziers, now with nothing to impede them, move towards the south wall. Upon seeing the large stone structures move, accompanied by the groaning of gears, Soveliss realizes that the contraption they are on is probably connected to the door that the goblin opened earlier, and closing the door will most likely disable the mechanism.

The hobgoblins focus on Vim and Garrek, but fail to penetrate their armor.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 23iyvbp
Code:

19 Soveliss      20/20
    18 Squarfly      17/26      +2 AC until next 18
    17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin A      23 Damage  Bloodied
    14 Goblin B      11 Damage 
    11 Garrek        26/31     
      9 Hobgoblin B  41 Damage  Bloodied, Marked by Vim til next 5, Oathed by Jael
      9 Hobgoblin C  16 Damage  Marked by Vim til next 5
-->  5 Vim          31/40 5 THP     
-->  5 Nyx          28/28      Concealed until next 5
-->  4 Jael          27/27 5 THP

Vim and Jael gain 5 Temp HP
Garrek uses Inspiring Word on Vim, healing him for 15.
Garrek attacks Hobgoblin B with Viper's Strike, hitting with a 22 AC for 6 damage.
Hobgoblin B takes 2 Fire damage.
Hobgoblin C takes 2 Fire damage.
Hobgoblin B attacks Garrek with Flail, missing with 12 AC.
Hobgoblin C attacks Vim with Flail, missing with 13 AC.

212Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:17 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Sean wrote:
And, Jael uses Divine Guidance on Garrek.

Divine Guidance
foe.
Encounter ✦ Divine
either result.[/i]

Sean I jumped the gun on posting the results of the turn, so I'll let you have that encounter power still available. (Garrek hit anyway.)

213Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim

Wiping the blood off his face from the previous wounds, Vim trades glances with the goblins and the hobgoblin that surrounds him. Noticing the braziers moving closer, Vim prepares for the oncoming pain.

Free Action: At-will power Nature's Wrath (I mark the goblins and the hobgoblin adjacent to me.

Minor: Encounter Power, Stone's Endurance (resist 5 damage of all types until end of my next turn)

Standard Action: At-will power Weight of Earth against C7 (+6 vs Ac, if hits target i slowed until end of my next turn, 1d10+4 damage). 19+6=25 vs AC, 1+4=5 damage

Move action: shift to D9.

Did Soveless tell us what he discerned about the trap?

214Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:13 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Knisleyisadick wrote:

I don't think mike saw the update to my post. He didn't say anything about it in his post.

215Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Sean

Sean

RandMuadDib wrote:
Knisleyisadick wrote:

I don't think mike saw the update to my post. He didn't say anything about it in his post.

The Minister wrote:Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Upon seeing the large stone structures move, accompanied by the groaning of gears, Soveliss realizes that the contraption they are on is probably connected to the door that the goblin opened earlier, and closing the door will most likely disable the mechanism.

216Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Sean

Sean

Jael

Move to G6 (Provoking along the way) (note bonus to damage if either of the not-my-oath enemies hit me If they do I will need to get an answer to a question in the OOC thread before my next turn... but that isn't a big deal).

Bond of Retribution vs Hobgoblin B: Wisdom (+7+2 for Combat Advantage) (Total +9) vs. AC 1d10+4 damage (Roll twice to hit due to Oath)

If he drops, then minor action to Oath Goblin A.

Bond of Retribution Avenger Attack 1
Whirling divine energy promises swift retribution if one of your
foe’s companions attacks you.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom modifier damage. The first time an
enemy other than the target hits or misses you before
the end of your next turn, the target takes radiant
damage equal to your Intelligence modifier(+3).

217Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:33 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Oh. Missed that. Then yes, the information on the trap has been shared with the group.

Shutting the door will turn off the pillars!

218Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

VB

Nyx

"Can we kill these impediments today? I'd like to not sleep under a bush again tonight."

-------------------------------------------

Move action to G4 to set up Shadow Walk for my next turn;
Minor action to Warlock's Curse the hobgoblin in F7 (I'm assuming that's the most injured one);
Standard action Eldritch Blast the F7 hobgoblin.

Warlock's Curse
Target F7

Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target F7
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage
+1d6 damage from Warlock's Curse
and adding the +1 from pact boon to my attack roll

219Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:11 am

The Minister

The Minister

Sean, Hobgoblin B actually dropped before you could take your action. Did you want to oath Goblin A and go attack him instead?

220Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:23 am

Sean

Sean

The Minister wrote: Sean, Hobgoblin B actually dropped before you could take your action. Did you want to oath Goblin A and go attack him instead?

Yes, Oath Goblin A, Shift to F9, Bond of Retribution (+7) vs Goblin A (roll twice for Oath).

221Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:48 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Vim, using the strength of the earth behind his swing, attacks the goblin, drawing blood.

Nyx focuses his attacks on the closest hobgoblin. Dark energy swirls out of his body, enveloping the creature until it is dead.

Jael stares down the other goblin, and swings. The blade slices through the creature's skin, dealing a mighty blow.

The braziers shudder for a moment, then let loose another stream of fire. Everyone in its path fails to dodge out of the way and are hit for the full force of the blow. Vim simply stands, bathed momentarily in fire as he watches the goblin near him drop from the heat.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 I73094
Code:

-->  19 Soveliss      20/20
-->  18 Squarfly      17/26      +2 AC until next 18
-->  17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin A      33 Damage  DEAD
    14 Goblin B      25 Damage  Bloodied, Marked by Vim til next 5, Oathed by Jael
    11 Garrek        24/31     
      9 Hobgoblin B  49 Damage  DEAD
      9 Hobgoblin C  16 Damage  Marked by Vim til next 5
      5 Vim          31/40 5 THP     
      4 Jael          27/27 5 THP

Vim attacks Goblin A with Weight of Earth, hitting with 25 AC for 5 damage.
Nyx curses Hobgoblin B.
Nyx attacks Hobgoblin B with Eldritch Blast, hitting with 19 Reflex for 8 damage, killing it.
Nyx's pact boon triggers.
Jael oaths Goblin B.
Jael attacks Goblin B with Bond of Retribution, hitting with 23 AC for 14 damage.
Brazier attacks Goblin A, hitting with 19 Reflex for 5 Fire damage, killing it.
Brazier attacks Vim, hitting with 24 Reflex for 1 Fire damage (resisted).
Brazier attacks Garrek, hitting with 18 Reflex for 2 Fire damage.

222Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:02 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

when did garrek move to d9?

223Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Squarfly looks defiantly at the menacing creatures and concentrates. She points at each of the remaining creatures and says sternly. "Yest Ye Be Smited By Moradin's Divinity!"

I use divine bolts on the two remaining.

HobgobC: 5 + 5 = 10 will

GoblinB: 9 + 5 = 14 will for 6 + 5 = 11 damage

224Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:51 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
Spreading his hands apart, he guides the flame to do the same.

He then summons another cloud of daggers at goblin B.

Orb of Imposition to prolong Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation for another round and increase its size to Burst 3. Enemies that start their turn or move into my fire take 2 fire damage. It does not affect allies.

Cloud of Daggers vs. Goblin B:
1 + 5 = 6 vs. Reflex. Damn.

225Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 am

Sean

Sean

Knisleyisadick wrote:when did garrek move to d9?
Agreed... and it is a little confusing for goblin A to still appear on the map when dead.

226Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:42 am

Sean

Sean

RandMuadDib wrote:Soveliss
Spreading his hands apart, he guides the flame to do the same.

He then summons another cloud of daggers at goblin B.

Orb of Imposition to prolong Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation for another round and increase its size to Burst 3. Enemies that start their turn or move into my fire take 2 fire damage. It does not affect allies.

Cloud of Daggers vs. Goblin B:
1 + 5 = 6 vs. Reflex. Damn.

Not sure if I can still do this, because he posted the roll value (though we "technically" don't know the results yet...)

Jael uses Divine Guidance on Soveliss.

Divine Guidance
foe.
Encounter ✦ Divine
either result.

227Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

Bruno prances along the room ignoring what Soveless spouts as as he is to entranced by his own magical tunes and attempts to smash the hobgoblin in front of him. "Vassap! I'm Bruno!"

Move Action : F8
Standard Action : War Song Strike
Target: Hobgoblin C (E7)
Hit: +8 V AC
Damage : 1D8 + 4 And any ally who hits the target before the end of my next turn gains Temp HP equal to my Constitution (+3)

228Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:57 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Sean wrote:

Cool, Thanks! If mike allows it then my reroll is a 15 + 5 = 20 vs. Reflex. If that hits, it deals 3 + 5 = 8 force damage, sticks around til the end of my next turn, and deals 2 force damage to any creature that moves into or starts its turn in E9.

Also, i didnt notice this before, but i dont have line of sight to the goblin in E9, so i use fey step to teleport to I6.

229Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:26 am

The Minister

The Minister

Beneath Castle Rivenroar

The fire from Soveliss' orb expands to fill the entire room. At the same time, he slips into the space between worlds, reappearing closer to the battle and summons another cloud of daggers around the remaining goblin. The tiny knives cut into the creature until it falls to the floor, dead.

A bolt of radiant light shoots out from Squarfly's staff towards the remaining creature, but he simply shrugs it off.

Bruno runs up to the hobgoblin and introduces himself to the creature, as well as to his sword, which finally draws blood.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 30nkmt1
Code:

19 Soveliss      20/20
    18 Squarfly      17/26     
    17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin B      32 Damage  DEAD
-->  11 Garrek        24/31     
      9 Hobgoblin C  23 Damage  Bloodied, Marked by Vim til next 5

Soveliss attacks Goblin B with Cloud of Daggers, missing with 6 Reflex.
Soveliss attacks Goblin B with Cloud of Daggers, hitting with 20 Reflex for 8 Force damage, killing it.
Squarfly attacks Hobgoblin C with Divine Bolts, missing with 10 Will.
Bruno attacks Hobgoblin C with War Song Strike, hitting with 20 AC for 7 damage.

230Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:51 pm

azmodean

azmodean

"Is it over so soon? I was just getting warmed up." Garrek shifts to square D7, then attacks again with Viper's strike.

Same as last time, +7 vs AC
A hit deals 1d8+4 dmg and causes the hobgoblin to provoke an AoO fromm Bruno if he shifts.

231Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:03 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Garrek moves to circle around the remaining creature and strikes, blade slicing through skin.

The fire flares a bit as the hobgoblin begins to move. His eyes dart towards the open door, and then he breaks for it. Garrek and Bruno attempt to cut down the creature before he can escape. Garrek swings his sword into the path of the hobgoblin, cutting a deep gash across his chest as the goblinoid falls to the ground, dead.

The braziers continue to move toward the south wall, but Vim and Garrek, expecting what is coming next, quietly step out of the way of the fire when it shoots yet again.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 29apo5j
Code:

19 Soveliss      20/20
    18 Squarfly      17/26     
    17 Bruno         28/28
    14 Goblin B      32 Damage  DEAD
    11 Garrek        24/31     
      9 Hobgoblin C  42 Damage  DEAD

Garrek attacks Hobgoblin C with Viper's Strike, hitting with 20 AC for 11 damage.
Hobgoblin C takes 2 Fire damage.
Garrek attacks Hobgoblin C with Longsword, hitting with 22 AC for 7 damage, killing it.

COMBAT IS OVER.

232Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim
Run to the door and close it as soon as possible. Also try to see what is in the next room as I'm closing the door.

233Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Squarfly runs over with Vim to close the door and tries to see what's on the other side as she does so.

234Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Beneath Castle Rivenroar

Vim crosses the room to the open door. Beyond it, he can see in the fading light a stone staircase leading downward. He shuts the door and the machinery stops turning, the braziers stop moving, and the fire stops shooting. The room is quiet once again.

Looking around, the room is bare and devoid of markings, save for three placards placed above each of the doorways. The west door's sign reads "To Von Urstadt," the east door's sign reads "To Von Jallach," and the north reads "To Rivenroar Family."

235Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
"East, West, or North?"

236Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Squarfly looks at her companions and speaks, "We should hide these bodies, we don't want a patrol to find them and have them know there is trouble. Help me drag the bodies outside to hide in the woods"

"We should go west and we can check the others afterwards"

237Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:34 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Squarf wrote:
"We should hide these bodies, we don't want a patrol to find them and have them know there is trouble. Help me drag the bodies outside to hide in the woods"
Soveliss helps.

"Any particular reason for west?"

238Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

Sean

Sean

Jael
"I think we should go down the stairs. The hobgoblin back in town said Sinruth wanted to keep the 'Dead things in the basement' busy with captured people. If the people happen to be still alive down there, I think that time is of the essence in locating them down there. If they are other locations, they will likely be kept at least alive in order to be 'used later'."

239Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 am

azmodean

azmodean

Garrek
I agree that if any survivors remain, saving them should be our priority. Let us hurry.

OOC
Help with hiding the bodies, take a short rest (Using 1 healing surge, which brings me to max HP), and proceed.

240Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
"Sorry Squarfly, I agree with Jael. We should make our way to the basement posthaste."

241Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:51 pm

VB

Nyx

"Suppose I can help with that."

------------------------------------------------

As I assist with hiding the bodies, I'll take the pinky finger or equivalent off each one. If anyone has a problem with this, it's for research.

242Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:26 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Mushroom Chamber

After taking precautions to not make their presence known, the group somewhat comes to a consensus to descend the stairs heading north, leading deeper into the catacombs and hopefully toward the prisoners. With Vim and Garrek in the front, the group travels down the stairs that lead for about 50 feet, descending half that distance. They finally end in a familiar set of double doors.

Pushing open the doors reveals a damp and dark chamber. Mushrooms of several varieties grow in clumps on the floor, walls and ceiling. They glow slightly, bathing the chamber in dim light. In the darkness, two large drakes move, their heads lifted slightly at the sudden intrusion into their lair.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 T4ve4p
Code:

-->  20 Garrek        31/31
-->  19 Squarfly      23/26
-->  17 Bruno         28/28
    13 Rage Drake A
    13 Rage Drake B
    10 Jael          27/27
      9 Soveliss      20/20
     7 Vim          40/40     
     5 Nyx          28/28     

Squares with mushrooms in them are difficult terrain. The entire area is dimly lit, so unless someone has their own light source (or if you have low-light vision,) everything more than one square away will be concealed to you.

243Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Sean

Sean

The Minister wrote:

Squares with mushrooms in them are difficult terrain. The entire area is dimly lit, so unless someone has their own light source (or if you have low-light vision,) everything more than one square away will be concealed to you.

A torch is a policy in dark areas for Jael, as she does not have any low-light vision. If there are any other party members more able to carry the torch, Jael would have expressed her preference for that in order to ensure two free hands in the case of battle.

244Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim
I currently have no torch or sunrod but I'm assuming the light given off from the mushrooms as well whatever the party members carrying light sources I should be able to at least see the drakes. Anyways I'm going to use my nature to see if there is anything I know about these monsters (+Cool. If I found out anything useful I will tell the party. 7+8=15 check for nature.

245Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:09 pm

azmodean

azmodean

Garrek
"Well, well, looks like some relatives of mine have gone and sold themselves out."
Garrek moves to Q7, breathes on the drakes, and attacks the drake at Q6 with Myrmidon Formation.

Dragon Breath: +6 vs Reflex against each Drake.
Hit: 1d6 acid damage

Myrmidon Formation: +7 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 4 damage
Effect: At the start of my next turn, each ally adjacent to me gains 5 temporary HP.

246Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 am

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

Bruno
Bruno exclaims as he lights a torch from his Adventure's Kit into the dimly lit room "These lips are for praising Lutz! or anyone with powerful thighs." as he glances at Garrek seductively.
Bruno sees the drakes to his left and Screams "Ist am going to wear a jumpsuit entirely made out of satin, because Fashion saves a lot more lives than Clerics."

Quickly he pulls out his wand while managing to somehow change into a jumpsuit in satin and attack the drakes all at the same time!

Minor(I Hope): Light a Torch
Move Action: Q13
Standard Action:

Vicious Mockery
Ranged 10
Target: Rage Drake B
Hit : +4 V Will
1d6+4 Psychic Damage, and the target takes a -2 Penalty to Attack rolls until the end of my next turn

If the lighting a torch is something other then a minor action just light it and skip my standard action I suppose.
Hope this makes up for the lack of flavor haha.

247Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 am

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Amid the surprise of coming upon such an odd room, Squarfly springs to action. As she slithers past some of her allies, she stops and squares up with the large foes. Slamming her staff onto the floor, she calls upon the heavens to show their might.

move to U7 and use Thunder of Judgment on each of the Rage Drakes

10+5 = 15 fortitude to the far one (3+5 = 8 damage)
6 + 5 = 11 fort to the near one

If I hit, I push them 3 squares back and they are dazed until the end of my next turn.

Note: If I get hit I am most certainly using Armor of Wrath (that's a given unless I specify otherwise)

248Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:06 am

The Minister

The Minister

Mushroom Chamber

Vim, being first to lay eyes on the drakes, instantly recognizes them. "Those are Rage Drakes!" he shouts, then falters a bit. "Erm, I can't really recall what they do, but they're probably quite vicious!"

Garrek bursts into the room, running straight at the drakes and releases a jet of acid over them. It doesn't seem particularly powerful though, only hitting one for minimal damage. He then swings at the closest drake, hitting and immediately invigorating his party.

Squarfly stays near the back wall and calls with her staff to the heavens. Being this far underground must have some adverse effect though, as both drakes are unaffected.

Bruno graps the torch Jael was carrying and dances into the center of the room, nimbly avoiding the patches of mushrooms. He sends off a quick mocking taunt to one of the drakes, who doesn't even hear him.

The other one does, however, and makes a direct charge for Bruno, trampling over a patch of mushrooms in the process. They let loose a cloud of brown, red, and gray spores as he does, but the drake seems to be unaffected by them. Rearing back on two legs, the beast takes two swipes at Bruno, who takes the full brunt of one but manages to parry the other with his torch.

The other drake is content to remain where he is and take a bite out of Garrek.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 2zdu6it
Code:

20 Garrek        24/31
    19 Squarfly      23/26
    17 Bruno        22/28
    13 Rage Drake A  1 Damage
    13 Rage Drake B  11 Damage
--> 10 Jael          27/27
-->  9 Soveliss      20/20
-->  7 Vim          40/40   
-->  5 Nyx          28/28

Garrek attacks Rage Drake A with Dragon Breath, hitting with 21 Reflex for 1 Acid damage.
Garrek attacks Rage Drake B with Dragon Breath, missing with 7 Reflex.
Garrek attacks Rage Drake B with Myrmidon Formation, hitting with 22 AC for 11 damage.
Squarfly attacks Rage Drake A with Thunder of Judgment, missing with 15 Fortitude.
Squarfly attacks Rage Drake B with Thunder of Judgment, missing with 11 Fortitude.
Bruno attacks Rage Drake B with Vicious Mockery, missing with 14 Will.
Rage Drake A charges Bruno.
Rage Drake A attacks Bruno with Claw, hitting with 22 AC for 6 damage.
Rage Drake A attacks Bruno with Claw, missing with 13 AC.
Rage Drake B attacks Garrek with Bite, hitting with 17 AC for 7 damage.

249Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:55 am

Sean

Sean

Jael

Assuming all of my information is correct:
Oath of Enmity vs Rage Drake B:
Move to R7 (avoiding mushroom squares)
Avenging Echo vs Rage Drake B:
Wisdom (+7) vs. AC 1d10+4 damage
Roll 2 dice to attack due to Oath and only adjacent enemy.
Use Memory of A Thousand Lifetimes (after learning result of to hit roll use to add 1d6 to the result) if the swing misses and I could reasonably expect a d6 more to cause it to hit.

Avenging Echo
Encounter ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[W](1d10) + Wisdom modifier (4) damage. Until the end of
your next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to
you or that hits or misses you takes 8 (5 +
your Intelligence modifier(3)) radiant damage.

And as I am adjacent to Garrek, I will gain 5 temp HP at the start of his turn.

Last edited by Sean on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

250Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 5 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim
Move: Move to R10
Free: Nature's Wrath against Drake A
Standard: Strength of Stone against Drake A (+6 vs ac, 1d10+4 damage, 5 temp hps)

Strength of Stone: 14+6=20 vs Ac
if hits 1+4=5 (sigh with displeasure)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum