The Ministry of Groove
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ministry of Groove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rescue at Rivenroar

+4
RandMuadDib
Torment
Sean
The Minister
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

251Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 pm

VB

Nyx

"All right puppies, dying times here."

------------------------------------------------------

Move action to U-14,
minor action Warlock's Curse the Rage Drake at Q-12,
and standard action Eldritch Blast to Mr. Drake at Q-12.

Warlock's Curse
Target Q-12

Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target Q-12
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage
+1d6 damage from Warlock's Curse

252Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:19 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
"Again."

Orbmasters on P11
13 + 5 vs. reflex, burst 1 zone
1 + 5 force damage if it hits, lasts til next round, enemies that start turn or move into zone take 2 fire

253Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:23 pm

The Minister

The Minister
Broseidon, King of the Brocean

Mushroom Chamber

Jael runs into the room, circling around the mushrooms and stares down the drake by the door. She then swings at the large beast, her sword still vibrating from the hit.

Soveliss conjures a familiar ball of force and throws it next to the other drake. It shatters on impact and tiny shards of force cut into the monster's hide.

Vim steps forward, drawing the drake's attention by hitting him with the power of the earth.

Nyx flashes a sign at the same drake, then hurls his blast at it. The drake is a bit too nimble though, and ducks at the last second as eldritch energy sails over its head.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 T9cf82
Code:

--> 20 Garrek        24/31
--> 19 Squarfly      23/26
--> 17 Bruno        22/28
    13 Rage Drake A  12 Damage    Marked by Vim, Cursed by Nyx
    13 Rage Drake B  23 Damage    Oathed by Jael
    10 Jael          27/27
    9 Soveliss      20/20
    7 Vim          40/40 5 Temp   
    5 Nyx          28/28

Jael oaths Rage Drake B.
Jael attacks Rage Drake B with Avenging Echo, hitting with 21 AC for 12 damage.
Soveliss attacks Rage Drake A with Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, hitting with 18 Reflex for 6 Force damage.
Vim marks Rage Drake A.
Vim attacks Rage Drake A with Strength of Stone, hitting with 20 AC for 5 damage, gaining 5 temp HP.
Nyx curses Rage Drake A.
Nyx attacks Rage Drake A with Eldritch Blast, missing with 14 Reflex.

https://tmog.rpg-board.net

254Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Squarfly watches in amazement as her party members charge forward with a reckless abandon. "May Moradin show his wrath!", Squarfly shouts as she swings her staff in the direction of the foes

I use divine Bolts

Drake A: 5 + 5 = 10 Reflex
Drake B: 18 + 5 = 23 Reflex 6 + 5 = 11 damage

255Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:35 pm

azmodean

azmodean

Garrek
"This guy seems to be pretty tough Jael, let's get him off balance a bit."

Garrek shifts to P8 and attacks the drake with Viper's strike.

Viper's strike: +7 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+4 dmg and the target provokes an AoO from Jael if it shifts before my next turn.

256Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

Bruno

After being struck by the charging Drake Bruno acts quickly and majestically prances in a whirlwind unsheathing his longsword and strikes the drake while keeping the torch in his offhand.

War Song Strike
Targetting : Drake A
+8 V. AC
Hit: 1d8+4 Damage, and any ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains temporary hit points equal to your Constitution Modifier(+3)

I also haven't been using this but until it actually happens. Virtue of Valor - Whenever an ally within 10 squares of me bloodies or reduces a foe to 0 HP, that ally gains 1+Constitution(+3) Temp HP. This can occur Once Per Round.

As well as other things I should be using but keep forgetting. Song of Rest - At end of short rest, you and each ally spending a healing surge adds your CHA(+4) to the HP Gained.

257Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 am

The Minister

The Minister

Mushroom Chamber

Garrek's mere presence gives Jael resolve, and she appears to toughen up a bit. Garrek then nimbly darts in with his longsword at the drake, before jumping back, daring the creature to move.

Squarfly pounds her staff and the familiar bolts of light shoot out towards the drakes. One flies off course, but the other scores a direct hit. The beast howls in pain as blood freely flows from its wounds. It rears back and shivers, appearing to draw strength from its wounded condition.

Bruno gracefully strikes his drake, singing a little song about the glory of blades and inserting them into enemies while he does so.

The drake retaliates by biting Vim. "I think you're only encouraging it," he yells at Bruno while the fire burns around the drake. The other drake, still seemingly in its bloody frenzy, attacks the closest thing to it: Jael. The drake's mighty jaws clamp down around her arm, taking a very large chunk with it as it draws its head back in triumph. The triumph is short lived, as the radiant energy hanging around Jael suddenly shoots out into the creature.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 T9tls1
Code:

20 Garrek        24/31
    19 Squarfly      23/26 4 Temp
    17 Bruno        22/28
    13 Rage Drake A  20 Damage    Marked by Vim, Cursed by Nyx
    13 Rage Drake B  60 Damage    Bloodied, Oathed by Jael
--> 10 Jael          13/27        Bloodied
-->  9 Soveliss      20/20
-->  7 Vim          33/40   
-->  5 Nyx          28/28

Jael gains 5 Temp HP.
Garrek attacks Rage Drake B with Viper's Strike, hitting with 24 AC for 10 damage.
Squarfly attacks Rage Drake A with Divine Bolts, missing with 10 Reflex.
Squarfly attacks Rage Drake B with Divine Bolts, hitting with 23 Reflex for 11 damage, bloodying it.
Squarfly gains 4 Temp HP.
Bruno attacks Rage Drake A with War Song Strike, hitting with 17 AC for 6 damage.
Rage Drake A takes 2 Fire damage from the Explosion.
Rage Drake A attacks Vim with Bite, hitting with 24 AC for 12 damage.
Rage Drake B attacks Jael with Bite, hitting with 25 AC for 19 damage.
Rage Drake B takes 8 Radiant damage from the Echo.
Rage Drake B takes 8 Radiant damage from the Echo.

Garrek, I assume you meant to attack and then shift away, since Viper's Strike is melee range? That's what I went with, if not let me know.

EDIT: Sorry for missing those things, combat block should be up to date now.

Last edited by The Minister on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

258Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 am

Sean

Sean

-I think you're "code" block is wrong... and should be pointing to the bottom group of PCs for their turns.
-I am pretty sure the Drake actually takes the radiant damage twice. Once for hitting me and once for ending its turn adjacent to me.

259Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:07 am

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

The Minister wrote:Mushroom Chamber
Squarfly attacks Rage Drake B with Divine Bolts, hitting with 23 Reflex for 11 damage, bloodying it.

Squarfly will gain 4 Temp HP for Bloodying the Drake

Virtue of Valor - Whenever an ally within 10 squares of me bloodies or reduces a foe to 0 HP, that ally gains 1+Constitution(+3) Temp HP. This can occur Once Per Round.

260Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:26 am

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

I'm just gonna assume its the bottom block's turn
Vim

Free Action: Nature's Wraith marking the drake next to me
Standard Action: Weight of Earth: +6 vs Ac, +4 Damage. 2+6=8 vs Ac, 7+4=11 damage.
Minor Action: Stone's Endurance 5 resist to all damage.

Since Nature's Wrath is a free Action can I use it twice in one round? If so for my Move Action I want to move to Q 7 while avoiding the mushrooms and yes provoke a attack of opportunity and then use nature's Wraith on the Rage Drake attacking Jael. Then use my action point and do Strength of Stone against the Drake (+6 vs Ac, +4 damage, +5 temp hit points if hits).

261Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:06 am

Sean

Sean

Jael

Bond of Retribution vs Rage Drake B: Wisdom (+7) vs. AC 1d10+4 damage (Roll twice to hit due to Oath)

Move to Q4 (Provoking, but if the Drake swings it takes 8 radiant).

Bond of Retribution Avenger Attack 1
Whirling divine energy promises swift retribution if one of your
foe’s companions attacks you.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom modifier damage. The first time an
enemy other than the target hits or misses you before
the end of your next turn, the target takes radiant
damage equal to your Intelligence modifier(+3).

262Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:15 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Knisleyisadick wrote:I'm just gonna assume its the bottom block's turn
Vim

Free Action: Nature's Wraith marking the drake next to me
Standard Action: Weight of Earth: +6 vs Ac, +4 Damage. 2+6=8 vs Ac, 7+4=11 damage.
Minor Action: Stone's Endurance 5 resist to all damage.

Since Nature's Wrath is a free Action can I use it twice in one round? If so for my Move Action I want to move to Q 7 while avoiding the mushrooms and yes provoke a attack of opportunity and then use nature's Wraith on the Rage Drake attacking Jael. Then use my action point and do Strength of Stone against the Drake (+6 vs Ac, +4 damage, +5 temp hit points if hits).

Nature's Wrath can only be used once per turn.
PHB2 wrote:NATURE'S WRATH
Once during each of your turns, you can mark each adjacent enemy as a free action. This mark lasts until the end of your next turn.

263Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:51 pm

Sean

Sean

Sean wrote:Jael

Bond of Retribution vs Rage Drake B: Wisdom (+7) vs. AC 1d10+4 damage (Roll twice to hit due to Oath)

Move to Q4 (Provoking, but if the Drake swings it takes 8 radiant).

Since the drake did take that second bit of radiant damage, if it happens to drop from my actions and I am still standing at the end of my turn, I will Oath the other drake and if possible use divine guidance (roll a second time, but it is supposed to be used before the first roll is made... so I am ok with not using it because we know the result of the first roll already). on Vim's attack vs the other drake. this all is dependent on rage drake B dropping before the end of my turn while I am still up though.

264Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Then I will just stay where I am at. And not burn an action point

265Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:37 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

WTF!? I posted my reply yesterday and it never showed up!
Soveliss
Speaking in Draconic: "Extend. Cut. Cut."

Orbmaster's Imposition as a free action to expand the fire to burst 3 and extend it to the end of my next turn. Any Enemy that starts its turn in the fire or moves into it takes 2 fire damage.

Cloud of Daggers on P12. 11+5=16 vs. Reflex, 1+5=6 Force damage. A 1-square zone lasts until the end of my next turn in P12. Anyone (not just enemies) who starts their turn or moves into P12 takes 2 points of force damage.

Action point to cast Cloud of Daggers on Q11. 20+5=25 CRIT. 6+5=11 Force Damage. A 1-square zone lasts until the end of my next turn in Q11. Anyone (not just enemies) who starts their turn or moves into Q11 takes 2 points of force damage.

Please note that these rolls are different from the ones i posted yesterday, because i couldn't remember those rolls. If the first posting of my actions turns up, use whichever set of rolls you like.

266Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 pm

VB

Nyx

"Anyone else got the feeling we're not welcome here?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Standard action Eldritch Blast the foe at Q-12.

Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target Q-12
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage

267Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:31 am

The Minister

The Minister

Mushroom Chamber

Jael takes a swing at the enemy she has sworn to vanquish, but hits nothing but air. The creature doesn't even seem to notice her, allowing her to circle around behind it quite easily.

Soveliss' fire expands while he sends out two daggers at the other drake, which quickly multiply and began stabbing quite deeply into the creature's hide.

Vim throws his whole weight into his swing at the drake, but over-estimates the arc and clangs nothing but ground. Unfettered, he braces himself for the next attack coming his way.

Nyx fires off another blast of energy, but it soars wide right.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 161x5ro
Code:

--> 20 Garrek        24/31
--> 19 Squarfly      23/26
--> 17 Bruno        22/28
    13 Rage Drake A  37 Damage    Marked by Vim, Cursed by Nyx
    13 Rage Drake B  52 Damage    Bloodied, Oathed by Jael
    10 Jael          13/27        Bloodied
    9 Soveliss      20/20
    7 Vim          33/40   
    5 Nyx          28/28

Jael attacks Rage Drake B with Bond of Retribution, missing with 13 and 11 AC.
Soveliss expands the fire.
Soveliss attacks Rage Drake A with Cloud of Daggers, hitting with 16 Reflex for 6 Force damage.
Soveliss attacks Rage Drake A with Cloud of Daggers, critting for 11 Force damage.
Vim attacks Rage Drake A with Weight of Earth, missing with 8 AC.
Vim activates Stone's Endurance.
Nyx attacks Rage Drake A with Eldritch Blast, missing with 12 Reflex.

268Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:36 am

Squarf

Squarf

Squarfly

Without a moments hesitation Squarfly swings her staff in an arc.

I use divine Bolts

Drake A: 14 + 5 = 19 Reflex 2 + 5 = 7 damage
Drake B: 15 + 5 = 20 Reflex 4 + 5 = 9 damage

269Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:39 am

Sean

Sean

The Minister wrote:
Code:

13 Rage Drake B  52 Damage    Bloodied, Oathed by Jael

Rage Drake B seems to have forgotten the second time he took the radiant damage... as noted in the previous update block

270Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 pm

azmodean

azmodean

Garrek
"Tough beasts, but they'll not last much longer."

Garrek Attempts to encourage Jael, meanwhile launching a relentless series of attacks on the Drake.

Inspiring Word at Jael.
Basic Attack at the Drake +9 vs AC (with flanking) 1d8+4 dmg on a hit.
If the drake is still up after that, burn an AP and attack again. (same unless someone has a AP buff ability, not sure if anyone does)
If the Drake does drop, move to attack the other Drake.
If there is someone I can move into flanking position with, burn an AP and make a basic attack.

271Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Sean

Sean

azmodean wrote:Garrek
"Tough beasts, but they'll not last much longer."

Garrek Attempts to encourage Jael, meanwhile launching a relentless series of attacks on the Drake.

Inspiring Word at Jael.
Basic Attack at the Drake +9 vs AC (with flanking) 1d8+4 dmg on a hit.
If the drake is still up after that, burn an AP and attack again. (same unless someone has a AP buff ability, not sure if anyone does)
If the Drake does drop, move to attack the other Drake.
If there is someone I can move into flanking position with, burn an AP and make a basic attack.

Jael uses divine guidance (roll 2d20 use the better) on the first attack vs Drake B

272Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 pm

Torment

Torment
Teh Eagleman

Bruno

He notices farther into the room Jael getting slashed hard by the Drake and decides he should help him before he falters, but the drake in front of him is delaying this.

Standard Action
Guided Strike
+8 vs AC
Hit: 1d8+4 damage, The target takes a -2 penalty to the defense of your choice(AC) until the end of your next turn.

Move: 5 Foot Step R14

273Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 am

The Minister

The Minister

Mushroom Chamber

Garrek calls across the drake to Jael. "Keep your head up, the thing's almost finished for sure!" Jael draws inspiration from her companion's words, eager to remain in battle for a bit longer. Garrek then takes his longsword and makes two devastating swings across the drake's chest. The lizard reels from the blows, lets loose a disheartening squeal, then falls to the floor, dead. Without a seconds hesitation, the dragonborn rushes over to give support with the other drake.

Squarfly raises her staff as a bolt of light hones in on the remaining target. The drake is buffeted as the bolt strikes true.

Bruno lets his sword now do the singing for him, and the blade cuts deep into drake's hide. It roars in anger as blood pours out. Sensing he has probably gone too far and made the creature mad, Bruno backs up.

The drake, struggling to see through the flames that surround it and the daggers that impale it, lashes out and bites the only target he can be sure of: Vim. The drake's teeth wrap around the goliath's arm, but Vim seems not that disturbed by the wound.

Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 2m7j91i
Code:

20 Garrek        24/31
    19 Squarfly      23/26
    17 Bruno        22/28
    13 Rage Drake A  62 Damage    Bloodied, Marked by Vim, Cursed by Nyx, -2 AC until next 16
      Rage Drake B  79 Damage    DEAD
--> 10 Jael          20/27       
-->  9 Soveliss      20/20
-->  7 Vim          22/40   
-->  5 Nyx          28/28

Garrek uses Inspiring Word on Jael, healing 7 HP.
Garrek attacks Rage Drake B with Longsword, hitting with 17 AC for 7 damage.
Garrek attacks Rage Drake B with Longsword, hitting with 22 AC for 12 damage, killing it.
Squarfly attacks Rage Drake A with Divine Bolts, hitting with 19 Reflex for 7 damage, bloodying it.
Bruno attacks Rage Drake A with Guided Strike, hitting with 21 AC for 11 damage, giving it -2 AC until next 16.
Rage Drake A takes 2 Fire damage from the fire.
Rage Drake A takes 2 Force damage from the daggers.
Rage Drake A takes 2 Force damage from the daggers.
Rage Drake A attacks Vim with Bite, hitting with 29 AC for 16 damage (reduced to 11 from Stone's Endurance.)

274Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:24 am

Sean

Sean

Jael

Oath Rage Drake A

Move to O10 (avoiding mushrooms)

Bond of Retribution vs Rage Drake A: Wisdom (+7) vs. AC 1d10+4 damage (Roll twice to hit due to Oath)

Once again, if I miss by something I think would be reasonable to use Memories of a thousand lifetimes on, I will.

If I miss as a final result (or I do less than 10 damage), I will action point to do it again. Same applies to the MOATL if it wasn't used.

275Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
Soveliss seems to hesitate as his daggers and fire diminish to nothing. Then, checking to make sure the drake is still alive, he teleports next to it and snaps his fingers. You are suprised when this simple action unleashes a save of ear-shattering sound.
Delay my turn. Fire and daggers still end at initiative count 9. If drake is still alive at initiative count 4, i do this:

Fey Step to teleport to R11. Thunderwave on the drake, forming a close blast 3 that is centered around P12. 16+5=21 vs. Reflex, 6+5=11 Thunder damage and its pushed north 2 squares.

276Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:59 am

VB

Nyx

-----------------------------------
Minor action Warlock's Curse the Rage Drake at Q-12,
and standard action Eldritch Blast to Mr. Drake at Q-12.

Warlock's Curse
Target Q-12

Eldritch Blast Ranged 10
Target Q-12
Charisma(+4) vs Reflex
1d10+4(Cha) damage

277Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:17 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Mushroom Chamber

Her foe dead, Jael narrows her eyes on the other drake. She steadies herself, studying the creature for a while, then suddenly charges at the lizard, plunging her sword directly into its chest. The drake's eyes go wide in surprise, a whimper escapes from its mouth, and as Jael pulls her sword out, the drake slumps down to the floor.

Looking around the dim quiet of the chamber, you can see a set of double doors leading to the east. From beyond it, you can faintly make out the voice of an old woman. "Hello? What's going on out there?"

Code:

20 Garrek        24/31
    19 Squarfly      23/26
    17 Bruno        22/28
      Rage Drake A  76 Damage    DEAD
      Rage Drake B  79 Damage    DEAD
    10 Jael          20/27       
    9 Soveliss      20/20
    7 Vim          22/40   
    5 Nyx          28/28

Jael oaths Rage Drake A.
Jael attacks Rage Drake A with Bond of Retribution, CRITICAL HIT for 14 damage, killing it.
Nyx's pact boon triggers.

Combat is over.

278Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Sean

Sean

Jael sighs a breath of relief, and paying no heed to the voice, begins to tend to her wounds.

Attempt to take a Short Rest and use a healing surge

279Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:38 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss follows Jael's lead and kneels down, channeling his arcane energy through meditation.

280Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

VB

Nyx

I make a shushing motion as I walk over to the door and listen to see what's on the other side. I start thinking out loud to myself as I'm listening, speculating what could be behind the door.

---------------------------------------

Perception d20 +1.

Anyone want to help with this?

281Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 pm

The Minister

The Minister

The only thing Nyx hears from beyond the door is the woman's voice. "Playing games with me won't work. I've already told you everything I know. You're not going to scare anything out of me that way."

Everyone can take a short rest

282Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Sean

Sean

After tending to her wounds, Jael stands back up. "That's better, now let us see who or what is making a fuss over here." Jael picks up a the torch and moves toward the door. After carefully looking it over, Jael opens the door, her sword readied in case of trouble.

After short rest ends:
Pick up torch, move to door (avoiding mushrooms), check door for traps, and if no traps found, open the door.

283Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:48 am

The Minister

The Minister

Jael bravely opens the door and finds that the hallway beyond leads to a curious sight. The hallway is only about 30 feet long, and ends with an old woman behind some sort of magical blue barrier. It shimmers with arcane energy, presumably blocking movement beyond, where the woman stands feebly, leaning on a twisted cane probably as old as she is. Her eyes go wide with surprise as she makes eye contact with Jael, but they quickly narrow again. Her voice is still muffled as she speaks. "Well? What are you waiting for? Get me out of this thing!"

284Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Seeing Jael open the door, Soveliss stands up and walks over to him. "What have we here?"

Arcana check 12+14 = 26 to find out what this barrier is, who might have made it, and how to turn it off.

285Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 am

Sean

Sean

Jael begins to look over the barrier, and then searches the room for a means to get the old lady out.

286Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 pm

azmodean

azmodean

Garrek
After tending to his wounds, Garrek approaches the barrier and inquires, "Greetings, elder one, may I ask of you who you are and why you are here?".

I guess Diplomacy at +1 is the appropriate skill if it matters here, hopefully if she tries to deceive us someone else has decent Insight, mine is awful Razz

287Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:03 pm

VB

Nyx
-----------------------------------
Searches for a stick, or other suitable prodding device.

288Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim
Take a short rest and spend two healing surges. Then walk up to Jael.

To Jael Vim whispers "I question the wisdom of freeing this lady without at least trying to figure out who she is".

289Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 am

Sean

Sean

Jael turns briefly to Vim and wispers back, "I figured someone else might figure out that whilst I look into this. I am guessing it will take me a while to figure out even if I can get the woman out."

290Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Jael and Soveliss begin to examine the magical barrier. They quickly come to the consensus that it is of fairly low-level magic and disabling it should only take a minute or two.

Nyx finds the room devoid of any suitable prodding object. Perhaps her captors deliberately emptied her cell in fear of her escaping and putting up a heroic escape plan?

The lady turns to Garrek as he speaks. "Eh, you're a bit more respectful than the rest of that blasted town. You'd think that living as long as I have would command a bit of awe and respect, but they don't care. Neither did those hobgoblins that captured me. Course when they found out what I did to those boys that were playing around in my swamp..." Her voice is almost as brittle as she appears to be, and she lets her words hang in the air, leaving the conclusion to everyone's imagination. "Anyway, they threw me in here to keep me from messing about with the other prisoners. Like I'd help them anyway. Ptah! Now would you two," motioning to Jael and Soveliss, "stop staring at that and start getting me out of here?"

291Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:42 pm

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
"Excuse me, Ma'am, and forgive me for asking, but what exactly are you? You claim the swamp is yours, and yet i've heard of no nobility laying claim to it. I take it you're neither human nor elf."

I would like to make an arcana check to find out what the woman is, in case she decides to lie to us. I assume its none of the standard races, because mike would have mentioned that, instead of just calling her an old woman. Between the swamp reference and the 'old woman' thing, i'm leaning toward Hag, but of course cannot be sure. Check = 12 + 14 = 26. Of course i don't know if Arcana is the right skill, might be nature.

I would prefer to know what we're dealing with before letting the barrier down.

292Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 am

The Minister

The Minister

Soveliss takes a moment to size up the old woman standing in front of him. She certainly looks human, although the numerous wrinkles creased across her face make discerning that no easy task. To be sure, if she is actually human, she's definitely the oldest human he's ever seen. Alive, that is.

Perhaps it's the barrier providing interference, but Soveliss can't really detect anything magical about the woman. As she gesticulates about her current situation and impatiently paces about her area of the room, he can make out a small pouch about her waist, a bit hidden by her cloak. At this distance it's hard to tell for sure, but Soveliss thinks he can see some different types of plants sticking out of the pouch.

The woman turns to look at Soveliss. "What am I?" her voice screeches. She stops a moment, and her eye gets a bit of a twinkle in it. "Maybe you don't want to know the answer to that exactly. The rest of town is content to let me live out the rest of my days in peace in the swamplands to the south. Just get me out of here so I can go home!"

293Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:45 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
"Very well."
He begins muttering to himself as he works to remove the barrier and let the woman out of her cage.

Do you want me to make another arcana roll to disable the barrier?

294Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:42 am

The Minister

The Minister

A minute passes while Soveliss fiddles about with the barrier. Suddenly, there is a loud "pop" and you suddenly realize the absence of a very low humming sound. The barrier flickers for a moment, then disappears. The old woman pulls a crooked cane out from under her shawl and begins shuffling off towards the door. "Well, thank you kindly young man. Now if we could just get a move on and head back to town?"

295Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim
"I'm sorry miss, but I do not think we can leave just yet. We have a job to finish. You mentioned other prisoners, can you tell us where they are?"

296Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:30 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
"Aye. It would be wonderful if you could show us where they are, or at least tell us. If you don't want to follow us while we deal with the goblins here, you're welcome to try and make the trek back to town on your own, or you could wait at the entrance to the castle while we finish up. We'll make sure to get you on the way back to town."

297Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Sean

Sean

Jael

"I am not sure that would be safe. I have a feeling you should probably remain in our vicinity unless we find a sufficiently safe area. Outside is probably not sufficiently safe."

298Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm

The Minister

The Minister

Even more wrinkles appear on the old lady's face as she listens to your explanations of why she can't leave right now. "The other prisoners?" she shrieks. "They're just a bunch of nobodies from that accursed town. You think that if you would have got to one of the others first they would be saying, 'Oh we must go rescue poor Zerriksa, we can't leave without her.' Ptah! I'm sure they're glad the hobgoblins had me locked up in here. They can all burn in the deepest pits of the Nine Hells for all I care!"

With that she defiantly turns round and stomps out the door into the Mushroom Chamber. At least as defiantly as a seventy year old woman can.

299Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 am

Knisleyisadick

Knisleyisadick

Vim

"That women makes me feel uneasy. The amount of security for just one prisoner. I hope these turn of events do not come back to haunt us. Regardless we should push on and try to find other prisoners."

300Rescue at Rivenroar - Page 6 Empty Re: Rescue at Rivenroar Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 am

RandMuadDib

RandMuadDib

Soveliss
I would like to make either a History or Arcana check to determine if the magical barrier was built as a feature of the castle, or if it was added recently by the goblins/hobgoblins, or perhaps by someone else. I'll give you the numbers for both skills, though its only one roll, using whichever skill you think is more appropriate.

Arcana: 4 + 14 = 18
History: 4 + 12 = 16

I will share my findings, if any, with the rest of the group.
I will also mention that, if its part of the castle's original build plan, it would be a convenient place to hold any prisoner, regardless of ferocity.
If its new, I will agree with Vim and keep my eyes on the old crone as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum